Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowing in December

Well it finally got us, our first big snow storm in December since 1909 which dumped 21 inches in the Philadelphia area, yesterdays was only 16 inches in comparisonbut as you can see it made for a great Christmas scene. You are looking at the Bevan residence all lit up for Christmas, this picture was taken around 9 pm so we still had about another 3 hours of snow to go. I guess there was about 12 inches on the ground at the time this Picture was taken. Today Sunday was clean up day it wasn't as bad as most Philly storms, this snow was light and fluffy not wet and heavy as Philly is most noted for.


In case anyone is wonder where I have been these last many months I have been busy with babysitting my grandaughter Layla scene here, and trying to get this old house in shape to sell which incidentally doesn't need anything more than a coat of paint and some TLC here and there, but all that takes up a lot of time. To make a long story short the time to sell was the wrong time what with the economy being what it is and the Christmas holidays fastly approaching, there was some interest but not much so Anna and I decided to take it off the market and wait till Spring..
Well I got to run it is getting time to watch the Eagles clobber or get clobbered by San Fran, it seems you never know what team will appear on game day,they have looked good the last couple of weeks but I will take one game at a time. See you all next time......



1 comment:

PRH said...

You guys can have at it Harry....the 2 or so inches we got was more than enough...

Merry Christmas to you, Anna, and the Clan...best in 2010 as well!

from prh, your ol' Nha Trang Buddy!

Welcome

Hi, Harry here, welcome to my Blog. I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to spelling and typing but I am learning every day and with the help of my beautiful wife of 43 years Anna, I am getting better at it. I am a retired Philadelphia Police Officer but seem to be busier than ever trying to get things done I couldn't get to for thirtyfive years. I never know when I can get to my blog but I will make an effort to get it done at least two or three times a week. I am sure some will like it and some will fined it ridiculous but thats ok. Well welcome and I hope you enjoy......

WorldTimeServer Clock

Philadelphia

Contributors

My PD Patches

My Philly PD Patches





Followers