Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Block Party



















































































Well another summer has come and gone much to the sadness of children of all ages it means one thing" BACK TO SCHOOL". Yes those three little words that strikes fear into the hearts of our children, you remember those days unless of course you were one of those brainyacks that wanted nothing more than to get back to that building of higher education, that it is a waste of valuable time not cramming that reading, writing and arithmetic, not that there is anything wrong with that, it is just an observation on my part. Now to me the end of summer "Labor Day" means Party Time, every other summer that is, for you see that is when we close down the street and party. It is a day of good food, lots of games, good music and fun fun fun.It is a time when neighbors get together and with their friends and families eat, drink and be merry as you can see with the enclosed pictures. I want to personally thank my beautiful Lady Anna ( dressed in red) for all the time she spent in the kitchen preparing the food, it was delicious. It is a fact that everyone lends a hand,wether it is preparing a special desert,or bringing the ice for the coolers or as my grandaughter Laya did helped dad put the ice in the coolers. >>>>>>>
Just an added note since McCain chose Gov. Palin "GO McCain" how's that for chauvinist.

























































2 comments:

PRH said...

Great shots...If I remember correctly, you and Anna were married when you were in Vietnam, correct?

40 years or so together, that is something to celebrate....good job, and God Bless you both.

Anonymous said...

good!
Very nice blog.

Welcome

Hi, Harry here, welcome to my Blog. I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to spelling and typing but I am learning every day and with the help of my beautiful wife of 43 years Anna, I am getting better at it. I am a retired Philadelphia Police Officer but seem to be busier than ever trying to get things done I couldn't get to for thirtyfive years. I never know when I can get to my blog but I will make an effort to get it done at least two or three times a week. I am sure some will like it and some will fined it ridiculous but thats ok. Well welcome and I hope you enjoy......

WorldTimeServer Clock

Philadelphia

Contributors

My PD Patches

My Philly PD Patches





Followers