Monday, July 7, 2008

Ontario & Cape Cod

A Great Vacation

One of the great things about retirement is you can pretty much do what you want when you want to, for example, last May my wife Anna and I decided that we had never seen the Niagra Falls, it is only a 7hr. drive from home so why not? I must say it was well worth the drive. We were there for two days and did just about everything there was for a tourist to do. We sailed on the Maid of the Myst which takes you to the foot of the falls, we went into the tunnels behind the falls for a behind the falls view, and we went to the Tower where on a clear day you can see all of Ontario and some of New York. The Canadian falls better known as The Horseshoe Falls definitely has the US Falls beat by a mile. Well after we did all we could do in Ontario we headed East for Cape Cod, this was another 8 hr. trip across the state of New York. Anna and I have been there before and loved the relaxed atmosphere, we went to museums and dined out we tried to get over to the islands, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard but it stormed both days we were there and the Ferries had limited their travel hours those days, oh well maybe next time.
View of Horseshoe Falls from our hotel room

No comments:

Welcome

Hi, Harry here, welcome to my Blog. I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to spelling and typing but I am learning every day and with the help of my beautiful wife of 43 years Anna, I am getting better at it. I am a retired Philadelphia Police Officer but seem to be busier than ever trying to get things done I couldn't get to for thirtyfive years. I never know when I can get to my blog but I will make an effort to get it done at least two or three times a week. I am sure some will like it and some will fined it ridiculous but thats ok. Well welcome and I hope you enjoy......

WorldTimeServer Clock

Philadelphia

Contributors

My PD Patches

My Philly PD Patches





Followers