Monday, January 11, 2010

Seasons

I am sitting here in my family room not thinking of anything in particular Anna is laying next to me chatting to a sister in Texas,  it occured  to me how fast seasons come and go, not just the weather season but the sports season. As of this past Saturday the football season here in Philly came to an abrupt end with Dallas soundly defeating our beloved Feables aka Eagles. Now don't get me wrong I pretty much live, die and bleed Green but it is becoming  a seasonal habit that the team gets the fans to a fever pitch and then tears their hearts out loosing the big one,  I have no idea were the Eagles team that won the last 6 games to end the season 11 and 5 went, but then again thats the Eagles. Oh well will get them next year, or maybe not!!
Ok hear we are in the dead of winter the football season is over at least for the home team, this for me is the worst time of the year, not that it is cold and snowy, but I, not being a fan of basketball or hockey have to wait until the fighting Phils start training camp I believe is sometime in April so I guess I will have to entertain myself with those ice skateing and ski compititions "yikes."

1 comment:

PRH said...

Hell Harry, you could be a Bengals fan....seldom win, and when the do have a good season, they slide right out of the playoffs without so much as a wimper....

My First Baseball game is in...62 Days!! Spring isn't that far off. Did you get the Nha Trang Photos I sent you via Bill Harris?

Welcome

Hi, Harry here, welcome to my Blog. I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to spelling and typing but I am learning every day and with the help of my beautiful wife of 43 years Anna, I am getting better at it. I am a retired Philadelphia Police Officer but seem to be busier than ever trying to get things done I couldn't get to for thirtyfive years. I never know when I can get to my blog but I will make an effort to get it done at least two or three times a week. I am sure some will like it and some will fined it ridiculous but thats ok. Well welcome and I hope you enjoy......

WorldTimeServer Clock

Philadelphia

Contributors

My PD Patches

My Philly PD Patches





Followers